Indian style baked chicken wings - just in time for Super Bowl Sunday...!! This is a very simple recipe that requires only 10 minutes of prep and the best part - all the good stuff without any added fat. Enjoy!
Note - This could be a bit spicy. So please adjust the chillies according to your tolerance level.
1. Chicken wings (skin on) - 15 pieces
2. Pearl onions - 5 -6
3. Ginger - 1 inch piece
4. Garlic - 3-4 cloves
5. Green chillies - 5
6. Yogurt - 2 tbsp
7. Red Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
8. Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
9. Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
10. Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
11. Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
12. Freshly crushed black pepper - 1/2 tsp
1. After cleaning, pat dry the chicken wings with paper towel to take out any excess water content.
2. Add ingredients 7-10 to the chicken wings.
3. Puree ingredients 2-6 in a food processor without adding any water and add to the chicken pieces.
4. Marinate the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
6. Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and transfer the chicken pieces.
7. Bake on 400 F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken pieces to the other side and sprinkle the crushed black pepper. Bake again for another 30 minutes until well cooked and crispy on the outside.
8. Take out from the oven and squeeze some lemon juice on top of the chicken wings.
1. Beaten non fat yogurt - 1/4 cup
2. Cilantro - 2 sprigs, finely chopped
3. Salt - To taste
4. Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
5. Chat masala - A pinch
1. Mix all the ingredients 1-5.