I would not say that this recipe tastes just as good as the real deal, but trust me, your heart will thank you for this! This is for all those who love gobi manchurian minus all the oil. :)
1. Cauliflower - 1 big, cut into florets
2. Green bell pepper - 1, cut into small squares
3. Red onions - 1, cut into small squares
4. Garlic - Minced, 1 tsp
5. Ginger - Minced, 1 tsp
6. Green chillies - 4, finely chopped
7. Green onions - 4-5 stems, chopped
8. Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
9. Tomato ketchup - 3 tbsp
10. Chilli sauce - 2 tbsp (I used sriracha sauce for this recipe)
11. Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
12. Salt - To taste
13. Corn flour - 1 tsp
1. Ginger- Garlic - Green chilli paste - 2 tbsp
2. Corn flour - 1 tbsp
3. All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
4. Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
5. Kashmiri chilli powder - 2 tsp
6. Oil - 1 tbsp
7. Salt - To taste
Marinate the cauliflower with the above ingredients and keep aside for at least 2 - 4 hrs or overnight. Make sure the florets are well coated with the marinade.
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Arrange the florets on the baking sheets and bake for 20-30 mins until crispy golden and keep aside.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan. Add the chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Mix for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the chopped onion along with the whites of the green onions, chopped green bell peppers and saute for about 3 mins.
5. Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup and mix for about a minute.
6. Add 1 tsp corn flour and 1/2 cup of water and mix well for about another minute. Check for salt.
7. Add the baked florets and toss gently to coat. Let cook for another minute.
8. Sprinkle green onions on top.